– Apparently the highest percentage of the population in over a century voted in this election. Still, it’ll likely come down to what 8K people in one State say. Because the Electoral College is like having three of the 10,432 houses within 1 mile of yours get to decide where your dog can go to the bathroom.
– I never thought the Founding Fathers were infallible, despite knowing they built the best concrete to stand a nation atop ever. However, the Electoral College and lifetime appointments for Supreme Court are among the more glaring dummy errors. Anybody having a lifetime appointment to any government position is antidemocratic and has never really fulfilled the original purpose of keeping justices impartial. The Electoral College was built for the days when only like 13% of the population was even eligible to vote.
– Good luck fixing either of these two obvious problems. Changing the Constitution in today’s political environment? Essentially, truly, impossible. Anybody who says otherwise is promoting a pipe dream and needs to move to Oregon (see below). You might as well fire a handgun into the ocean hoping to, “Take revenge upon all Fish for the crimes they’ve committed against humanity for the last 5K years.”
– The rest of Earth can still kiss my ass. Oh, the Electoral College is dumb and America should fix it? Kiss my ass. Let anybody try and explain to you how Proportional Representation works in Parliamentary Democracies. You’ll need a lot of beer, and the ability to laugh and mock at will. Trust me.
– Think what you will about Trump, but the Democrats have only themselves to thank that he even exists. They spent the last two elections putting up a pair of total losers who’d been in politics for the last 47 years and had zero real policies to offer. When your only selling point to the voting populace is, “At least I’m not that guy”, then don’t be surprised when you can’t hook the average voter.
– Because of the above, and because the Senate and House remain divided, even if Biden wins expect him to accomplish absolutely nothing of actual value in the next four years. Remember, America has a politics problem that goes well beyond what folks do or do not think about Trump. These problems aren’t going to get solved, I’m so very sorry.
– People can now get fucked up on hard drugs in Oregon now. Good for them. I wish this rule applied everywhere. Unfortunately we’ll still have to let America’s streets get torn up by a century of failed drug war policy before it’s all legalized in 2084.
– The tech freaks got their wish and California (the greatest bastion of hypocritical false values on Earth) voted to let the likes of Uber, Lyft, etc continue to treat their employees as non-union indentured slave labor. Because nothing say big tech cares about you and the human race like dropping a cool $200M+ on lobbying cash to let a Paraguayan immigrant earn $3 an hour ferrying drunken tech bros back from their post IPO launch at the Ritz.
– Do you know who won your mayoral election (if applicable)? Or even who your mayor is? You should, they have 741% more influence on your life than the Prez does.
– Bad news, the TAP’s national ballot initiative to “Liquidate All Humanity, Cable News Employees/Networks, Flower Greenhouses, & Strip Mall Properties to the Sub-Atomic Level” was rejected in 49 States before even getting on the ballot. It was then defeated by a 98% to 1% to 1% margin in Rhone Island where the remaining 1% was nothing but people writing, “What the hell is this nonsense? Who the hell wrote this crazy, stupid shit?”