After the very lengthy hiatus I took with this blog I decided I would post far, far less about politics. Mostly because I believe it’s futile, spoiler alert, we’re doomed. But every once and a while I still will.
I’m only partially joking with the headline of this post. There’s got to be a strategic argument that four more years of Trump would suit the Democrats just fine as Trump gets four more years to grind what’s left of his now soulless party into glass sand.
But seriously, here’s who stepped up to the plate for the Democrats for what should be the easiest election win since FDR won while World War II was still freaking happening:
– Two Western state governors who make John Kasich look charismatic
– The Bern, a man who I have second hand knowledge is “a complete idiot” and who will lose badly because he’s a hasbeen and he’s been outflanked by even wackier far left policies by his competitors
– An openly unapologetic opportunistic racist who if she had done what she had done as a Republican would be considered unfit for public office by the political and media establishment
– Not one, not two, not three, nor four, but FIVE completely bland faceless political lawyers likely unfit to run a coffee shop
– A ten year old boy on meth, who is also most recently a loser
– Five people barely worth mentioning but who will look great on the debate stage that has 17 podiums
– Two thirteen year old boys who also were mayors once, I guess
– Cory Booker and Kamala Harris, two reasonable people who might stand a chance if they weren’t both rushing to outcompete the field by who can spout more extreme, unrealistic, unaffordable policies that would make even Lenin or Jessie Jackson cringe
– Then there’s Joe. I maintain my position that if Joe had run in 2016 he’d have beat Hilary and then crushed Trump. But he was losing his son at the time and so I get it.
Now Joe wants in. I’m not entirely a big time Joe fan, Joe has massive problems. But, when you compare him to the above listed competitors, Joe comes off as the only sane person in the room.
But wait, now Joe’s got himself wrapped up in the mass hysteria where if a man shakes a woman’s hand without asking permission first, I guess that’s sexual assault. When did sexual assault become a disqualifying factor and problem for the Democrats, it never seemed to be before? To me, until they cast Clinton to the woodshed, it’s all hypocrisy.
This is where I kind of truly believe my headline for this post. If Joe runs, he beats Trump, it’s the easiest play ever. But the Democrats are trying to kill his candidacy before it even begins. Do they truly, actually want to lose? Or are they just this stupid? Or both? Who knows. Like I said, we’re doomed.