It’s going to thunderstorm tonight or this afternoon. As in, it’s summer (essentially). When I was growing up this was just a thing, like scenery. We lived in a neighborhood that overlooked an agricultural preserve on a lower hill. So we could watch the thunderstorms, thunder, and lightning for miles. It’s weather folks, it happens on most days.
That was then, but today it’s bubble wrapped humanity! And in a world where everything is a big deal, or controversial, or worthy of stupid hype, now your local cell phone provider spams your phone with weather alerts. To include the alert warning squeals you normally only used to hear during a tornado warning. Just for a stupid thunderstorm.
What kind of weak stupidity is this? Here’s your forecast folks, go look up at the sky. Or go outside and feel the temperature. We don’t need our hands held to the point a cell phone company has to tell you a storm’s a coming. How stupid do they thing we are? (very, very dumb => internet search American cell phone competitive comparisons with whole planet)
Cell phone alerts are strictly limited and appropriate for the following scenarios ONLY:
– Nuclear attack
– Blimp attack
– Bear attack
– You’ve been rendered redundant by your honorable employer
– Your fridge has no beer in it
– Alien attack
– Coked out celebrity is bashing your car and/or mailbox with a baseball bat
– Your childhood crush of a celebrity is at your door with a bottle of alcohol and/or a kitty or puppy
– Whiteout level blizzard
– Imminent asteroid strike
– You won the lotto
– You won the presidency of a small Eastern European mafia-like nation state
– Flash flood
– A lawyer is spotted in your building
– Forest fire
– Nuclear meltdown
– Somebody, somewhere is using a plastic straw
– Your pet is currently robbing a bank teller at gunpoint
That is all. Please carry on.
OH DEAR GOD!!! Nobody has ever seen this before. In all of Human History! Sound the alarm! Man the barricades. Panic!