Either because the censorship goons block things or because Netflix severely restricts content by region I don’t have access to most of my queue out here. As a result I’ve watched a lot of random stuff lately.
If I get around to it (hopefully tomorrow) I’ll review all of Sacred Games and the first few episodes of Mr Sunshine.
In the meantime, help me, please help me with this huge crisis.
From Mr Sunshine, Lee Byung-hun is how old? See him below here in his US Marine Corps regalia and snazzy early 20th Century bespoke suits? How old?
Wrong. Dude is 48.
Now here’s Kim Tae-ri. She’s how old?
Wrong. She’s 28.
At first I couldn’t get around the fact that to me, Kim looks like she’s 16. So it got weird where Lee is involved in this relationship with an underage girl and all.
But she’s not, she’s 28. But I still think she looks under 20.
Then there’s Lee. Dude looks like he’s 28 but is in fact 48.
1) I’m an idiot.
2) There is nothing that makeup or costumes can’t cure to make actors look two decades younger than they really are. Think science will conquer death? Wrong, immortality lies in a makeup drawer. I guess.
3) Should it be considered a little weird that these two folks have two decades age between them in what is at least half a love story’s worth on content? Maybe. But this happens all the time in the entertainment industry. And probably is accurate to the period as well.
4) In real life, the situation would be reversed. They’d each look two decades older than they really were. Korea was a complete mess of tears, conquest, unforgiving weather, and brutality during that time. In many ways, it still is.
5) Is Lee supposed to be 48 in the Series despite his looks? If so, it makes sense that he’s only just a captain because it shows flashback scenes where he’s fighting as an enlisted man.
6) Is Kim supposed to be 28 in the Series despite her looks? If so, it makes sense as she’s essentially referred to as an old maid for not being married yet many times in the Series.
7) In conclusion, I”m still and idiot. See you soon.