I think you can put this last week down in the win column. Things have been a little rough, but who doesn’t hit a few bumps on their road to a happy destination. And when you run into trouble, at least you’ve got the opportunity to learn from your experiences, right?
I mean, think of all the things humanity has learned this week by experiencing:
– The desire for mass genocide by both sides in a neverending conflict
– The desire for mass genocide by one side in a newish neverending conflict
– Multiple major & minor airplane crashes
– The biological possibility of canine ruptured anal glands
– At least one botched and quite a few unbotched executions
– Satan shows up at the Luxor and wins six-figures on his first slot pull
– Continued political gridlock among leaders unfit to govern their pets
– The presence of a localized World War III conflict sans nukes
– Everything and anything associated with Fifty Shades of Grey
– The courts, judges, lawyers, and those who believe they deserve to steal our oxygen
Well, I actually feel pretty good though. Why? Well, it’s hard sometimes to think that we’re not under the guidance of some divine figure. Sometimes you get exactly what you need. So within this mindset, and knowing nothing about the plot beforehand, I watched Red Beard for the first time. Think we’re all fucked up? Beyond hope? Watch Red Beard.
Mifune does not give up. Neither should you.